Header Ads

AND NOW NJOKI CHEGE RISKS EVERYTHING BY WRITING THIS DIRTY LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT...WAH!??

Dear Mr President, Hello. It’s me. The City Girl. This is a bit awkward. It is my first time, you know. I have never written to a President before. Forgive me if I am a little shy. I try to avoid commenting on matters politics and economics mostly because such topics are beyond my scope of comprehension. On a normal day, you will find me insulting bloggers, shisha boys and occasionally, tackling the elephants in the room (also known as “plus-size”). But today, Mr President, I had to write to you. You see, Mr President, you have been on my mind a lot lately. Before I say what brought me here, allow me to clear a few things first. I know big men have been felled for writing mean letters to you. I want you to know that I am not one of the bold types that use unkind words like “Get your act together” while addressing you. Me, I am just a mere City Girl with a column to write and heels to buy so promise not to report me to my boss after reading this? Now that we are on the same page, allow me to take just two minutes of your time. Today’s column will be short and precise; I know you are a busy man DEEPLY DISAPPOINTED Mr President, I heard that you have set aside Sh1 billion to cushion miraa farmers in Meru. To say that I am deeply disappointed by your decision is to put it mildly. You are letting our youth down. At what expense are you going to boost an industry that is already on its deathbed? For votes? Really, Mr President? Surely aren’t there less damaging ways to secure a stronghold? Maybe I should have paid more attention in my economics class because my mind cannot process how that Sh1 billion is going to cushion a product that is already banned in its main markets (US, Canada, Netherlands, France, Germany and Saudi Arabia). If the international market has banned miraa, whom do you want to replace that market? Kenya’s youth? Sir, let me educate you. These young people already have enough struggles. They are struggling with drugs, alcohol, shisha (now this, you MUST ban) and unscrupulous betting companies that snatch the GO TO PAGE 2 TO CONTINUE READING>>>> page 1 2

No comments

Powered by Blogger.